Friday, March 20, 2020

Pressing Pause

 I am a planner. I am not good at pressing pause on that part of myself. I make plans. And right now, I need to find ways of pausing, of taking a breath and waiting for plans to be shared so that we have a collaborative approach to what is coming.

I understand on an intellectual level that these are unprecedented times, and that it is in our interest to move forward as teachers and citizens in a unified way. And I also just want to dive in and start doing things to prepare - to prepare messages of support for my students and parents, who are worried and struggling with the uncertainty; to prepare online learning opportunities and ways of connecting; to teach.

And I'm being told to press pause this weekend. To wait and see. I'm not good at "wait and see." I'm not worried about what might be asked of me, I'm frustrated that it hasn't been asked yet. Give me a task, a problem to solve, a challenge to face.

I'm not good at pressing pause. And this weekend I will try to find ways of doing just that.

1 comment:

  1. I could really use some virtual game time with friends. We can pause together? xo

    ReplyDelete